miss b's quote

'I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list' Susan Sontag

Tuesday 15 April 2014

miss b loves .....The Beach, Dubai



Of course I love the beach in Dubai ...... white sand and crystal clear turquoise sea ...


Jumeirah Beach with views of Palm Jumeirah
 and the Atlantis Hotel in the distance



.....but today I'm talking about The Beach, a brand new somewhat controversial project which, as you might have guessed, sits right next to the sea. When I first saw the hoardings go up, like many others I assumed it was just another shopping mall taking up valuable beachfront space!! 

How wrong we were! When we arrived in Dubai a couple of weeks ago, the first phase of The Beach had just opened. This new project has truly enhanced the area ....it's now a beautiful sleek luxury lifestyle destination. Ultra-modern, low rise buildings with cafés and restaurants whose terraces look out over the Arabian Gulf......



We visited Leopold's of London three times in a week! It's newly opened but already so popular. A perfect spot to relax, people-watch and enjoy the many delicious treats. 



Another favourite and also busy.....Eat Greek ....deliciously fresh tzatziki, succulent beef skewers followed by ....loukoumades (doughnuts drizzled with honey) presented in a miniature bucket ....


These chic chairs had just been delivered to a nearby restaurant .......another one opening very soon!


The open-air cinema (there's an indoor one too!) is amazing with the most enormous screen. 



and stylish comfy seating on the sand or bean bags if you prefer! 



Around midnight key international football matches are often shown.



Impressive sand sculptures are an attractive feature too .....




......including a very striking one which represents Dubai's most iconic landmarks .....


...illuminated at night .....



There's an interesting open-plan layout with shops and more restaurants nestled around a central plaza ...... 




It's a treat being able to pop into Sephora on the way back from the beach .....to buy a few new nail polishes for spring. It's about time we had Sephora stores in the UK!



Colourful escalators lead to undergound parking ......


.... and there are hi tech information screens where you can even take selfies with the beach in the background and instantly email to family and friends .... arrives quicker than a postcard!



There really is something for everyone ....a children's waterpark, spongey running track which skirts the beach, mini skate park and outdoor fitness equipment along the esplanade.


The ultra-modern showering facilities look even better at night!


The Beach is not yet finished but it's sure to be even more appealing when all the areas and venues are open....I wonder what's hiding behind here ........hoping it will be open next time we visit!


 .....and I'm especially looking forward to ....the Cavalli Café and ....Ladurée!!!! 


45 comments:

  1. It looks like an amazing place. After seeing your pictures, I always want to visit Dubai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This project looks like it takes the waterfront experience to a whole other level. It's nice how there are so many attractions to satisfy all ages too.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dubai sounds and looks amazing! Oh those beaches, blue skies and treats. Wish I was there now. Great post darling. XOXO

      Maria

      http://www.onestyleatatime.com/

      Delete
  3. What a grand place this is. I like the sand castles. The beach is a wonderful place to visit, and my kids love the ocean. It looks like there are shops surrounding the area for everyone's likes. The Greek food sounds wonderful, and the doughnuts look yummy. Thank you for taking us on this delightful tour with you.

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dubai looks incredible. What an amazing experience you must have had.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, looks like the Development there is never ending. Quite impressive how they are developing over there along the waterfront with a variety of restaurants and shops too. These places are providing entertainment along the Beach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a place with so many interesting things to do! Although I would spend most of the time on the beach with a cocktail in my hand, I would also love to go to the cinema, or for a cappuccino... Such a cool place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That new area looks amazing,can't wait to visit Dubai again sometime! Have a lovely Easter weekend!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss B, you know what I thought reading your post? Why dont they plan something similar also in the Beach of my city! I think what makes it in totally another lever and attraction, with more tourists and life. Its look so amusing and cool, I was surprised to read there isnt a Sephora stores from u, the nail polishes you got are so lovely!:) Kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love the beach as well, if I were in Dubai. I have a friend there, you never know when I get to visit her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful post of course, I wouldn't expect anything less.The beach and simply the environment in Dubai definitely oozes luxury. Thanks for sharing dear!
    /Madison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the idea of creating a lifestyle local on the beach… very cool!

    ~Alexis Grace of North On Harper

    ReplyDelete
  12. The beach is not yet finished? OHHHHHHHH MYYYYYY! Miss B, this beach is like NO OTHER. You should've seen my eyes when I saw those camels. I've never seen camels on a beach! I love those amazing sand sculptures! That open air cinema is dreamy and so are those white couches. Love the blue water and white sandy beaches. What a DREAM!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Dubai!
    http://www.raccontidiviaggioenonsolo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am dying to see Dubai...this looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm always impressed by any blog posts I read about Dubai. I've said it a hundred times, I need to visit this place... hopefully I'll make it either this or next year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, that looks like such a wonderful place! Great photos!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow you had such a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh goodness! I will take one of each of those desserts .. and the latte at the top:) Such an amazing place and to see the camels walking along .. I would love to see that! The modern architecture is luxurious and looks like a beautiful vacation spot to lounge, shop, eat, .. and eat some more;) Talk about taking showering at the beach to a new level! I've never seen anything like that. And Ladurée too? doesn't surprise me!

    Okay, I think we are making progress on the transition. It's been very stressful and I still don't have a blog roll. Thank you so much for reaching out to me. I received the message when things weren't going well .. and I really appreciated it. I've now hired a new person and crossing my fingers it works out. xleslie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't believe how detailed the sand sculptures are. Love this incredible city!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so happy you got to enjoy this part of JBR. We were there last weekend for brunch and despite the long queues, we had a wonderful time. The selfie machine was such a surprise and glad to see there's an underground car park now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, I could use some vacation here in your pictures! Looking lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  22. this new area is very nice...i love especially by night sitting on the beach <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. excellente la photo des chameaux sur la plage!
    bise



    www.letiziabarcelona.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. It looks just fabulous and those chairs! I would love to have some in my backyard!
    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  25. I want to go! It's an unseasonably cold and wet day in Texas and right now I can't think of anything better than a beach with clear crystal turquoise water :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! What an amazing place, love the open air movie theater. Those sand sculptures are so neat I can't believe how detailed they are, I can't even build a sandcastle haha.

    LittlePinkRainBoots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! Miss B, how fortunate you are to have visited this new attraction in progress; I guess it will make you appreciate it even more when it's completed. It looks stunning. Those sand sculptures are truly amazing. The only thing that would have ruined the experience is having to watch the football ha ha.......Hope you are well

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dubai is so amazing and unique almost impossible to describe but you really do show it so well. I think its time I paid it another visit. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ah I was just there and I totally agree with you, it's the perfect relaxation spot! And YES to having Sephora in the UK!

    Hayfa
    www.londonloafers.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. It looks fascinating. I love those sand sculptures.

    And I definitely agree about Sephora in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  31. All you had to say was beach + shopping. Music to my ears. I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like! Visiting Dubai is another thing on my bucket list:)!

    ReplyDelete
  32. ça doit être magnifique!

    http://clothespaper.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a cool concept! I was in Dubai last year and was staying at Jumeriah and couldn't get enough of the stunning beach myself. But now with this project, it will be even more fun!! I hope to visit Dubai again soon!!
    xx
    www.junewantsitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Merci de ta visite,une belle balade aussi chez toi...

    Amicalement,

    Manon

    ReplyDelete
  35. It looks so beautiful! Dying to go to Dubai one day.

    xx Hélène
    www.FashionOverReason.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I seriously need a holiday! So jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow this place looks cool. I want to visit here badly for a while. May be next year. Isn't it very hot during the day to be at the beach though. I guess night is better.
    Www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this time of year it's really pleasant on the beach both during the day and in the evening. However, in the summer months, especially July and August it's often too hot to spend any length of time there particularly in the middle of the day.

      Delete
  38. Amazing place!!!
    Have a nice day!! and my g+ for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Miss B, I always say you would make the best Dubai city tour guide. The beach is pretty amazing, very calm, its very strange for me to see a beach without waves because the beaches here are perfect for surfing with the most phenomenal waves. Leopolds and Eat Greek sound wonderful. So amazed by those sand sculptures, they are unbelievable! Thanks for your support over at mine, hope you're having a great week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thank you for all these comments. I shall have to write another post when the project is finished and everything is open but I'm glad you like it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Everything here is so beautiful!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on my blog. I really do appreciate it. miss b

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...